Monday, December 17, 2012

Sliders

Breakfast:

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of pure whey protein powder, 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter, 1 small banana, a few ice cubes, and a few handfuls of frozen spinach.



I learned from a reader to freeze my spinach!  I just freeze portions in ziplocs and toss them in the blender as needed.

I do rinse and reuse the ziplocs.

Exercise:  Button masher workout + an hour of pilates.

Lunch:

A salad with leftover pulled pork, mixed greens, carrots, celery, and onions.


Plus a kombucha.


And a side of sunflower seed butter and celery.

Dinner:

Sliders!  This is so simple and so good.  It is my new favorite recipe.  Actually it isn't a recipe at all.  Just cook grass fed beef like burgers either on the grill or in a pan.  We season ours with salt and pepper.  We top them with burger toppings like bacon, mayo, ketchup, and pickle.  The husband puts fried eggs on his.


Then wrap them in lettuce.  Not totally paleo because of the ketchup and mayo but so delicious!  90/10 90/10 people!

Do you have any new favorite recipes?

13 comments:

Danielle said...

Those sliders are so cute! Such a great dinner idea. I love the idea to fresh little bags of spinach too. I'm always throwing handfuls in my smoothie but it's hard to always keep fresh spinach on hand!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness The frozen spinach is a genius idea. It tastes exactly the same as fresh spinach!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I love it: 90/10 people! Totally! The sliders look good--I'm in love the lettuce wraps lately. :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance I am obsessed with lettuce wraps right now! It makes me think I'm eating a sandwich ;)

M.Love said...

Those look amazing!! I will be making those when I go home to visit -- everyone else can use a bun and I can have the wraps! PS love the spinach idea - I need to get better about smoothies as a breakfast option! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@M.Love They are so simple and so good! You don't even really need a side. Maybe sweet potato fries? There's a green smoothie challenge going on in January...

http://eatmovebalance.com/fridays-five-13/

I too need to drink more smoothies for breakfast!

Laura said...

Just found your blog and love it! I'm going to have to copy that dinner idea!

Katherine said...

Your pictures look so good!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Laura You should! It's quick and delicious!

Tiffany said...

Yummy!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily said...

Sweet niblets, every dang thing looks delicious!!!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles said...

The sliders look fab!!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Jen@HealthyFoodandFamilyand @Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles Thanks ladies!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.