Sunday, December 9, 2012

Crossfit WOD

Did you catch my tweet this morning?

I survived today's WOD.


It was supposed to be:
275 pound Deadlift, 7 reps
30 Squats
7 Handstand push-ups
Times 5.  All for time.

I used 90lb dumbbells and I did the 30 squats.


And I did regular full pushups which I struggled with.  I had to drop to my knees a few times.


I finished it in 9:27.

I hate crossfit.  Well let me clarify.  I don't think it's meant for my mind or body.  I don't like that constant push push push and hurry hurry hurry.  I like slow and controlled movements.  When I was doing the deadlifts I could feel my form deteriorating.  Not only was I getting tired but I was also trying to hurry through them.  Crossfit is great exercise but it's not for me.

After our workout we made breakfast.

This was just a mish-mosh of ground pork cooked with red pepper, onions, and coconut oil.  Plus leftover spaghetti squash and a scrambled egg.  It was actually really delicious!

Lunch was unpictured!

Dinner:

I made sauteed cabbage.

And the husband made pork chops on the grill.

This cabbage has quickly become one of my favorite foods.

All I do is:

-Slice in onion really thin
-Cook it until translucent with a few tablespoons of grass fed butter
-Add the cabbage and cook until soft
-Then I add a sprinkle of salt and a drizzle of apple cider vinegar

It's amazing with pork!

What's one of your favorite foods?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cabbage is one of my faves for sure! Asparagus is also at the top of the list for veggies.
I have the same feelings about Crossfit, I don't think it's bad, but I think the chances of injury are higher due to the push, push, push for time. It's def not for beginners and you need to have a good "coach". Congrats on doing your best!

Danielle said...

Love this post! Yay for surviving your wod but good for you for being honest and knowing it's not for you! I absolutely love CrossFit but also know that it's not for everyone. I love how you noticed your form deteriorating. It's funny because some crossfitters are all about the go go go and others totally dial in on form! I'm lucky to be at a box where form trumps time!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I eat cabbage every single day--in a salad--so raw. I hardly ever think to cook it, but now that you've reminded me, I'm going to do that soon. It's so good--I had just forgotten about it.

Way to kick butt with that workout! I haven't been sold on the "do as many as possible" type of thing. Like you mentioned, I'd rather pay attention to form.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance Yeah me either. I just don't like to be rushed.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness Crossfit is just like any exercise. Either it's for you or it's not. Either you like running, yoga, kickboxing, spin, ect... or you don't! My husband loves it so he's always trying to get me to do it! Once in awhile is fine but I couldn't see doing it all the time like he does.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Tiffany Campiotti Yeah my "coach" was too busy doing his own workout yesterday (my husband) so I didn't get much guidance on form ;)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.