Monday, December 3, 2012

Kale Chips

There are so many techniques on how to make kale chips.  I thought I'd share mine.  I know it's good because these people eat them:


It's just three ingredients!


Kale, garlic salt, and coconut oil...


All mixed together.


Baked at 325 for about 20 minutes.




Kale Chips

-1 large bunch of kale
-1 tablespoon melted coconut butter
-1 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat your oven to 325*

Pull all of the kale leaves away from the stems.  Tear the leaves into bite sized pieces.  Toss with coconut oil and the garlic salt.  Spread the kale chips in one layer on a bakng sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.  Keep a close eye on them because they go from good to burnt in like 30 seconds!

Enjoy!


5 comments:

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I need to try them this way...I only tried them once and burnt the crap out of them...only 10 minutes:) I need to remember that.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I love kale chips, and make them often. I've made them as you described, but more recently, I've tried cooking them longer, but at a lower temperature, and they seem to come out better than before. No "burnt to a crisp" pieces. I guess it's "closer" to recipes for dehydrating them? Anyways, I've set the temp. to 300-325 degrees, and they take closer to 30 minutes to cook. We've been very pleased with the results! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I am totally going to try that next time! Makes more sense!

Lisa said...

I LOVE kale chips! I just discovered them this summer. I grew kale in my garden for the first time. I loved the kale chips. Nutritional yeast and salt and pepper was all I added. But I did do a batch with cayenne (holy spicy)!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

My husband would love the spicy ones!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.