Friday, December 21, 2012

In A Grey Area

Whoa what a day! We are trying to cram everything Christmas into the next four days. Plus do what we normally do during the day. Did you know Christmas is in four days? Yeah I just found out too.

Breakfast:

A paleo pancake divided into three.  All topped with sunflower seed butter, unsweetened coconut, and banana.  Plus coffee.

Gym:  I did the crossfit WOD with the hubs.  It was three rounds for time.  200m run, 7 dumbbell push press, and 14 ring rows.  Done in 7:04.  Plus we did more shoulder stuff.

Lunch:

We ate out at Zoes Kitchen.  I got a salad that had mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, red onion, chicken,  olives, and feta.


Plus a few pita triangles with hummus.  I love that stuff.

Dinner:

One thing I wanted to do with the kids this year was make snowman pizzas.


Those are chicken nugget eyes!


The kids loved it.


We made cauliflower crust pizza for us.


I learned that the vitamix makes awesome cauliflower rice!


Cheese is a grey area with paleo.  I think if you can tolerate it then eat it sparingly.  I don't eat a lot of dairy.  Maybe once a month?  It makes my face break out and my stomach upset.  I thought I'd try again with the pizza.  My tummy hurt afterwards.  

 Are there any foods that make you feel funky?

13 comments:

AllThingsYummy said...

Love the snowman pizza idea. I'll have to remember that.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@All Things Yummy They thought it was so cool decorating it with "snow".

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I've always been intrigued by the cauliflower crusts - how do they taste???

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Oh I love the taste! You have to add herbs and garlic though. It isn't just like pizza crust but its good!

Anonymous said...

Not sure I could do a cauliflower crust. I don't think cheese would be a problem (as long as it is hard, full fat it is lower in lactose/casein, so it might be okay). I think my tummy would hurt only because of cauliflower, etc overload (hard veggies...veggies are hard to digest like that. A bit too hard-core).

As for the whey you use, how are you finding that? Still finding the paleo pancake okay? Any suggestions for a "detox" day after a bad day? I just "binged" on chocolate, fruit, yogurt, etc etc (I know, I know). I don't belong to a gym and bsically can only manage a slow walk on no sidewalk + freezing location. Not sure those circuit at home (no equipment) workouts do much for me (bad kneese). I don't know how to "detox" after my inevitable late late night binges when I can't exercise it off and don't know what to eat.

Sorry to be TMI, but any ahem, bowel (constipation) issues since being more paleo? I struggle with "C" and not sure what the heck to do anymore. Breakfast is the HARDEST.

Christine said...

I suffer from infrequent but awful skin rashes, like an allergy. A nutritional healing book I am looking at suggests a food allergy is the likely culprit and that I should cut out dairy and gluten. Ugh.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I LOVE making cauliflower crust for pizza. It's one of our favorite meals. Sorry to hear about the cheese . . . I don't usually put cheese on my pizza because for me, it's all about the sauce!!! Cute idea making them into snowmen. :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance I probably shouldn't have put cheese on top of it too. Maybe next time just sauce, pepperoni, and veggies.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Christine Cutting out dairy and gluten wasn't that big of a deal for me. I didn't drink milk and didn't eat much bread. Cheese was difficult to cut out but I eventually did it. I don't miss any of it! It did amazing things to my skin! That's the first thing I noticed.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Anonymous I would start reading food blogs and crack down on some meal planning. Food blogs are full of breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner meals. They are also full of circuit exercises! I'll put a list of my favorites soon. My biggest thing is writing down meals. Even if that has to be breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I don't stray from my list. I even plan out my exercise for the week. It keeps me on track.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Anonymous I would start reading food blogs and crack down on some meal planning. Food blogs are full of breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner meals. They are also full of circuit exercises! I'll put a list of my favorites soon. My biggest thing is writing down meals. Even if that has to be breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I don't stray from my list. I even plan out my exercise for the week. It keeps me on track.

Danielle said...

Those snowman pizzas are so cute! What a fun idea for you kids :)

M.Love said...

What a great idea!!! Love it :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.