Monday, December 10, 2012

Meal Plan #9

Breakfast:

Paleo pancake topped with banana, almond butter, and cinnamon.

Gym:  Pilates.  It was rough!  I am super sore from my 9 minute workout yesterday.  Ridiculous.

Lunch:

Apple chicken sausage (not really paleo but it was in the freezer and we had no leftover protein!), leftover cabbage, and leftover sweet potato mash.  Random but it was tasty!

Dinner:

So that's what society thinks paleo people eat and maybe sometimes I do.  Two eggs fried in coconut oil, local bacon, and homemade sausage patties.  The sausage was: ground pork, sage, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.  I need to make that a recipe.  They were yummy!

On Mark's Daily Apple today he talks about food fatigue.  Basically it's just getting tired of eating the same old same old.  I didn't really forget to post my meals yesterday I was just thinking about them a little longer.  The husband said he's getting a little tired of sweet potato mash so I tried to think of some new things for dinner.  There's still some things that are the same.

Meal Plan #9

Monday- Breakfast for dinner
TuesdayBeef roast taco lettuce wrap
WednesdayPaleo pad thai
Thursday- Burgers and sweet potato fries
Friday- Pulled pork and slaw
Saturday-  Chicken satay with stir fry veggies
Sunday-  Steaks, grilled cabbage, and salad

3 comments:

M.Love said...

I am excited you found me and now I found you too!!! I love finding other Paleo people - I don't eat it 100% of the time, but I do my best to try and eat it 80-90% of the time! But I do have food fatigue issues - I am trying to learn to make more food in different ways! :) PS your family is precious - and your kiddos are SUPER cute!!

Danielle said...

That dinner looks perfect to me! But I agree it's definitely what everyone thinks of when they think of Paleo! I don't know why but everyone seems to associate it with bacon! I hate bacon! I do love eggs in coconut oil thought ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Oh no... I don't know if we can be friends anymore. I can't believe you don't like bacon!!! Crazy girl! ;)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.