Monday, January 28, 2013

An Easy Dinner

Here is literally everything thing I put in my mouth today.  It was a good consistent day of eating and picture taking.

Breakfast: 6AM

Coffee, cod liver/butter oil blend, green smoothie.  That smoothie was so green.  Just SFH whey, kale, spinach, water, and a splash of almond milk.  No banana!  It was actually just fine.

I've been loving coconut milk in my coffee lately.  I'm trying to get rid of the almond milk.  Store bought almond milk has a bunch of crap in it.  If you were on instagram this weekend you saw how I store my coconut milk...

In a salad dressing jar.  It pours so easily!

Gym: 9AM  An hour of pilates, 30 minutes of weights (back today!), and 30 minutes walking on the treadmill.  Crazy day at the gym but I've gotta get this last bit of body fat off.

Snack: 11:30AM

Right after the gym my trainer said I should have a carb and a protein.  So a small sweet potato and canned tuna.

Lunch: 1:30PM

Leftover turkey tacos (just turkey burger, peppers, onions, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning).  I basically deconstructed taco lettuce wraps.  The boston lettuce was on the bottom with a bunch of turkey taco meat on the top.  Plus homemade guacamole on the top (avocado, lime, tomato, and garlic salt).

Dinner: 6:00PM

A hot plate consisting of ground pork, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower rice, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic.  This kind of dinner is so easy you guys.  It doesn't need a recipe.  Just pick a theme for seasoning (mexican, asian, italian...), pick a protein, and pick some veggies.  Cook it all in the same pan.  Paleo couldn't get much easier.

What is the easiest thing you make?

13 comments:

Buttercup said...

Tonight I broiled salmon -- on sale at the grocery -- and put it in a big salad. Yummy! I am in awe of your shake.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I have to say that all your meals looks absolutely delicious to me! Is that weird? They are simple and clean . . . and I love it! :) And one pot dishes are the best! I'm a huge fan of not having to make a huge mess in the kitchen.

Danielle said...

Your meals look amazing! I'm with you on the almond milk. It's not the best for us but it's just so convenient! Are you making your own coconut milk?

M.Love said...

That taco bowl deal looks FABULOUS! I've been craving guac, but have to finish all the food I've already made first haha :)

Anonymous said...

I recently switched brands of almond milk to get one thats a little more pure, but most of them do habe tons of crap in them. I just keep a couple cartons in the cabinet for if we run out of cows milk and dont have time to get to the store soon. I do looove coconut milk though, especially in smoothies, it makes it SO creamy!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I'm loving that taco salad thing you have going on! I need to go get some avocados....

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

You really make paleo look so easy and I thank you for that, I am feeling intimidated by it right now. I am at the point where I want to do it but it scares me!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness Nah I just buy the full fat coconut milk in the can. I buy the Whole Foods brand.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Leslie @ Violet Imperfection It should be a little scary because it's a total life style change. Just get your feet wet little by little. You don't have to dive right in! Just try a recipe here or there and do some research.

Anonymous said...

Your lunch looks particularly delicious!

Naz said...

Hey Kristen, it's Naz over from Cinnamon Eats. Your meals look great :) Have you ever made your own almond milk? It's so easy I make my own and haven't bought the store made ones for a while.

The easiest thing I make is my sweet potato casserole:
http://cinnamoneats.com/2012/10/10/gotomeals/

:)

Katie@Realfoodkatiesway.com said...

Easiest thing I make? Hmmmm...I would say either banana soft serve or mango soft serve!

Freeze fruit, throw fruit in food processor until it has the look of ice cream, spoon it into a bowl and eat....or eat it out of the food processor.....Because that is how I roll sometimes ;)

Anonymous said...

The easiest thing is your paleo pancakes! Vivian and I eat it atleast 3 days a week. We have it on our small humble blog and gave your site a shoutout!

bigspoonlilspoon.wordpress.com

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.