Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peeling Eggs

If you are on instagram (follow me at kristenatcop!) you saw me brag about my egg peeling skills.

I'm a pro egg peeler y'all!  I do it the same way every time and it almost always works out perfectly.

Here's how I do it!
I didn't have a blog post planned today so this is what you guys get.

The trick is all about the membrane.  I tap the egg on the top and the bottom several times.  Then I peel a little off to open the membrane on both sides.


I start at one end and peel a line down the egg making sure I peel that membrane off.

I do everything under room temperature tap water.

After I get the line I wedge my thumb in between the membrane and the egg white.  Then I press and lift gently.


Occasionally you get a dud that is just stubborn.

I peeled five eggs and only one was difficult.



My favorite way to eat hardboiled eggs...

With paleo mayo and pepper!

We also love the scotch eggs from Well Fed.


That recipe alone is worth buying the book!


What is your trick to peel hardboiled eggs or what is your favorite way to eat them?  

Tomorrow is five favorites Friday.  I'm going to do five favorite fitness items!

11 comments:

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

You are a pro! I'm going to try this technique soon . . . I seem to run into stubborn eggs for more than 1 in 5. :)

And doused with salt and pepper is my favorite way to enjoy them. :) I also have to say that I'm partial to deviled eggs--hence last Friday's Five post included a healthier version that I'm excited to try!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Oh I love deviled eggs too!!!

Tiffany said...

Very nice! I am a pretty good egg peeler myself. You cracked me up with your "one upper" comment. Thanks for the smile :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

You always have me beat! I race to your blog to see what you weigh in at every time haha!

Anonymous said...

mmmm I've been drooling over your scotch eggs since your last post about them :P

Danielle said...

Good to know! I think I am quite possibly the worst egg peeler so I can learn a lesson or two from you!

rebecca @ blueberry smiles said...

great trick! i don't always have luck peeling the eggs....but sometimes i think that's my fault and i didn't hard boil them enough or something

Cotter Crunch said...

you peel your eggs like me! love it. well not all the time love it but its a fun trick!

Mom on the Run said...

Thank you so much for changing my egg peeling life. I have such a hard time every day. It is a great quick and easy breakfast and i need every bite.

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

Peeling eggs can definitely be a challenge sometimes! But a lot has to do with the way that you cook it, too. The better you cook them, the easier they are to peel. I looove making hard-boiled eggs to eat by themselves with a little sprinkle of salt, or for egg salad sandwiches.

Kristen said...

Could you provide the recipe for the egg with the ground meat?

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.