Monday, January 14, 2013

The Classics (In My House)

Since starting paleo it seems like we eat such a variety of things. It is still pretty new to me so I am constantly trying new recipes. It seems as though we never eat the same thing twice anymore! I thought it might be interesting to do a classics post. Not a "my favorite paleo meals" post (hint for Friday!) but just some things we eat on a regular basis. So today I ate all of our classics.

Breakfast:

DUH.  Y'all should have seen that one coming.  My classic paleo pancake with sunbutter, salted cinnamon coconut chips, and banana.

Gym:  Legs!  I did a classic (for me) leg workout.  Extensions on the machine with 20 walking lunges holding 20lb dumb bells x3 sets.  Plus the glute machine with 20 air squats holding those dumb bells x2 sets.  And then the leg press machine- 7 normal presses, 7 super slow, 7 upper half, 7 lower half x2.  Plus 30 minutes of the stair climber.

Lunch:

Hamburger helper with broccoli and carrots sautéed in coconut oil.  Plus avocado on top.  I've been eating this a lot lately.  Sometimes with egg in it.

Sometimes with sunshine sauce on the top...


We keep a jar in the fridge at all times.  It goes with everything!


Dinner:

Paleo pad thai.  This is a staple in our house!

What are your classic meals?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yuuuum. I make a meal similar to the hamburger helper too. Plus my two ingredient pancakes. I've never made paleo pad thai though! Definitely want to try that out.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

All of these meals look SO good! You're making me hungry! ;)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I always keep a jar of homemade dressing, similar to a sunshine sauce. I also have a "classic" lunch every day of a huge salad. I make them all on Sunday, and grab-n-go throughout the week. Makes it sooooo much easier!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@jessiebearwhatwillyouIt's delicious! One of my favorites for sure :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move BalanceThat's a really good idea. I don't like salad but know I should eat it so that would help me eat more :)

Cotter Crunch said...

i think i need to take on some of your classics. especially the sunshine sauce!

Danielle said...

Love this! I would eat the same thing every day for every meal if I could! Just makes things so much easier ;)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I still don't know why I haven't made your sunshine sauce....seriously, I need to get on this.

Staples at our house? Scrambled eggs, homemade pizza, stir-fry, etc.

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate said...

Although I don't eat a paleo diet, my eating habits are very similar and I definitely want to try the Pad Thai recipe which I have seen floating around for a while now!

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

Something I make a lot around here for myself and my boyfriend is risotto. Definitely one of our go-to meals. Arborio rice is a staple in my pantry, so it's usually pretty easy to throw together a pot of risotto out of nowhere, adding in whatever kind of protein/veggies we want.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.