Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just Some Things

Just a bit of randomness today... 

• Did y'all see on Mark's Daily Apple the article on co-sleeping today?  I was always the paranoid mama that did everything by the books.  I didn't co-sleep with my kids.  Now I'm kind of wishing I did.

We unwillingly co-sleep with our two and four year old... Does that count... cuz we do that!

• The husband found another egg today.  Our girls are on a roll!


What to do with fresh eggs?


Paleo mayo of course!


• Waking up an hour after your alarm makes your whole day chaotic. It means lousy pictures.


It also means your breakfast is to go!

No the pineapple juice does not mask the coconut water flavor.  It still tastes just like coconut water.



I can't believe tomorrow is Friday!  Tomorrow's five favorites will be paleo meals!

What went on with you this week?  Anything exciting?

13 comments:

Crystal Coco said...

I did read the article.. and while I don’t have any kids yet, I definitely think I would want to co-sleep.. Mostly because of convenience, but I see the bonding factor as pretty awesome! Hurray for eggs!

Cotter Crunch said...

don't you just love Mark? I adore him and I've met him.

M.Love said...

I can't do the coconut water...or the milk...I'm trying to learn how, but so far no go!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Nothing exciting here! Just another work week. Sometimes that is a good thing though, right?? ;)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

We have never co-slept with our kids either. I just Don't think it was for us and thankfully our kids have always been great sleepers in their cribs.

Cannot wait to see you top 5 tomorrow!

Buttercup said...

Ate more paleo this week and have more energy. It's pretty amazing. My goal for the weekend is do some needed grocery shopping. I think I really need coconut flour and milk. Time to really start cooking. Love the top photo!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Carol Z Yay! Keep going girl! It only gets better. I really try not to use coconut or almond flour. I'm not a big believer in paleo baked goods. It kind of defeats the whole food purpose. Ya know? I use almond flour in meatballs or to bread chicken but that's about it. Coconut milk is a staple for me! I drink it every morning in my coffee :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@M.LoveI love coconut milk but coconut water still almost makes me gag. I don't know why!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Cotter Crunch I do! I would love to meet him. Lucky you!

Danielle said...

That picture of your kids is too cute! I'm not a fan of coconut water either and I thought I was the only person! I cannot drink it plain.

Unknown said...

Not to much going on here this week...getting ready to fly to Chicago this evening for the long weekend though!

Tiffany said...

Woo-hoo for eggs! I do some co-sleeping with my youngest, but only because she is an incredibly difficult child in terms of sleeping. I hate days that start off in a rush :/

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

What a cute picture of the kids! Glad the girls are pushing those eggs out for you guys!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.