Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

There are so many people out there that don't do new year's resolutions.  They don't like them because it sets them up for failure. If they make a resolution they know they won't stick with it so why bother.

I disagree. I think the new year is a perfect excuse to start something new. The new year puts you in the right mindset to start. Come on!  Everyone's doing it!  It actually gives us a positive excuse to make a change.

I think for the most part people make goals that are too vague and they jump in without a plan.  "I'm going to eat healthier"- that won't happen because it's too vague.  "I'm going to lose this baby weight"- Oh yeah? Where's your plan?

My new years resolutions this year are all about strength.

- I want to strengthen my relationship with my husband (that'll be tricky!)
- I want to strengthen my relationship with my children
- I want to strengthen my relationship with my mom, dad, and sister
- I want to be able to do a single pull up
- And I do want to lose the last 10lbs around my middle

Enough about resolutions.  How many resolution posts have you read?  Too many?  Yeah me too...

Another day with everything photographed.  I'm on a roll y'all.

Breakfast:

Easy paleo pancake topped with no sugar sunflower seed butter, coconut flakes, and banana.


Plus coffee with unsweetened almond milk.

Gym:  3 mile run and an hour yoga class.  My body said no but my mind said yes.  Should have listened to my body this time.  I'm tired.

Lunch:

Tuna salad made with 1/4 avocado, homemade mayo, chopped pickle, a whole can of wild tuna, salt, and pepper.


Wrapped in butter lettuce with some raw carrots.

Dinner:

Grilled pork loin, kraut, and green beans.

Do you believe in making resolutions?

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe in making resolutions. I too disagree with the people that say they don't make resolutions or goals because they are afraid of failing. I think if you don't make goals, you stay idol and that is failing.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Totally agree. Maybe they should say New Year's goals and not resolutions. Goals sounds more positive!

Christine said...

I make resolutions all the time but especially at new years. It is the perfect time because you can always remember when you started, how long you've been at it, etc.

That tuna salad on butter lettuce looks divine. I'm going to have to search your blog for how to make a paleo pancake!

M.Love said...

That tuna looks amazing :) yay on the run!!!

Buttercup said...

I like the word goals, too, and I've got ten I'm looking at in 2013. One of them has to include trying your paleo pancakes. They look so good. Wishes for a happy and healthy year!

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

Ooh, those tuna salad lettuce wraps look good!

I posted something similar about my own resolutions. I feel like people are so negative about them lately. A new start is exciting, and I want to take advantage of it! Plus, looking back on how I did with my 2012 resolutions, I see that they really can make a difference.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Miranda @ Biting LifeI agree! It is exciting to have a fresh new year ahead of you!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Carol Z You do need to try them! They are a little bit addicting ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@M.Love It's nothing like one of your runs haha!

Danielle said...

Looks like you have some great resolutions! I don't think there's anything wrong with realistic resolutions so long as you are willing to start them no matter if it is january 1st or not! I love to create visions for the year ahead to see how I want to feel and what I want to be doing!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I especially like looking back on the year to see what I've accomplished!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

I agree in making resolutions that are attainable. I definitely have a few resolutions but they are all things I think I am capable of doing. I love your goals for 2013!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Great list of resolutions! I think it's great to take the beginning of the year as an opportunity to reflect on where you are, and see what you can do to grow more into the type of person you want to be.

Brittany @ DulceVie said...

Those are good resolutions! I actually had pork and kraut yesturday! Happy New Year!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance Exactly!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance Exactly!

Anonymous said...

I prefer "goal" to "resolutions". It takes a lot of pressure off me. :) Loved your paleo pancake! I need to added shredded coconut to mine next time.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

The coconut is good on it

Anonymous said...

I do believe in resolutions, but i like to call them goals. I think resolutions are things that most people make at a spur of the moment; whereas, goals can be set and any point in time during the year. and I feel like goals seem to be more attainable.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.