Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Favorites Friday: Beauty Products

This is a rare post.  I'm not sure if I like blogs that talk about everything.  You know the ones that include food, kids, meals, recipes, exercises, style...  I've tried to be really clear through my posts on the meaning or purpose of this blog.  It always goes in one direction and rarely veers from that norm.

Today I'm veering.  I have been buying these products for years and I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite things with you.  You would think since I'm all about whole foods and going green that the products I use would be pretty natural.  I found that not only are natural products expensive they never work as well.

1- Suave dry shampoo.  This stuff smells good and lets me wash my hair every other day.  Plus it's cheap!


2- C. Booth vanilla butter lotion.  I have used this almost everyday for like three years.  It smells amazing and is not greasy at all.  People always ask me what I smell like because of this stuff.  They say I smell like cookies!


3-  Moroccan Oil.  The best stuff ever ever for my hair!  It makes it so soft and it smells incredible!  It's a tad on the expensive side but to me it's totally worth it.


4- Lavender oil.  I learned this one from a yoga class I took.  During savasana the instructor would come around the room and rub lavender oil on your temples.  I do this every night to myself.  I rub just one drop in my hands and then rub my temples and forehead right before I go to bed.  Sounds silly but it really is soothing.  Even my kids love it when I do it to them.


5-  I sweat like a boy at the gym.  No the cookie lotion doesn't cover up armpit stank.  I searched forever for the right deodorant.  I finally tried the Secret Outlast.  I have it in regular and clear.  T-shirt and tank top.  It works so well!  


What are your five favorite beauty products?

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Suave dry shampoo is my favorite! The best dry shampoo I've ever tried!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness I know! Why is it so cheap? I bought two for $5 the other day at Target!

Tiffany said...

Def the Suave! I also like my BB cream :)
I actually don't wear deodorant that often...shhhh! I don't smell (much) unless I've eaten a lot of junk. I use Dove on occasion as a "just in case". Since sweating is one of the body's ways of getting rid of toxins and such, I hate to muck things up :) but sometimes I do lol

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Tiffany Campiotti I totally understand that. I seriously smell if I don't wear deodorant!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I swear you read my mind. I've been meaning to buy a dry shampoo, but with a very limited budget I figured they were expensive. I cannot believe Suave has one! I'm going to get it this week. I didn't wash my hair today b/c I wanted to give it a "break" - at least on the Fridays-Mondays when I am home with the kids. I am super excited to try this...thank you!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

My yoga teacher puts a dab of lavendar oil on us during savasana, too! I love it--so soothing. I'm intrigued that you found a dry shampoo that you like so much. I bought one once, and either my hair is way too greasy, or the product wasn't very good, but it didn't work for me. Hmmm.

I know a few people that love Moroccan Oil . . . again, I'm afraid my hair is too oily and thin (so it's hard to maintain body) already to use this, but everyone seems to love it.

Some of my favorite beauty products are Neutrogena's clarifying shampoo, that I use once every two weeks to help get rid of any residue from other products, and Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I've been using it for probably 10 years, at least. It's fantastic.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Sweet and Savory Eats It's awesome. Even on the days I wash my hair I spray a little on the roots to give it some boost. It was on sale yesterday at Target 2 bottles for $5. Everyone seems to love it!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance My hair is thin but thick at the same time. It can get greasy fast. The suave dry shampoo would be great to try because it's so cheap. I've been looking for a new moisturizing lotion so I'll have to try the Clinique! :)

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

This is the second blog this week I have read about Suave's dry shampoo. I am quite intrigued and I want to try it for myself. I have used Moroccan oil in the past and it is fantastic. I think the lavender oil would be great to try at night, I think it would me relax at night. I am a horrible sleeper. Thanks for the tips!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Where do you buy that lotion from? It sounds really great.

Anonymous said...

Ah yesss I totally use the first one all the time! I'll have to try the others. (especially the lavender!)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl I get it at Ulta for like $6 a bottle. It lasts forever. You can also order it online!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.