Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Favorites Friday: Paleo Meals

These are meals I could eat everyday and as you can probably tell I almost do!

1- Paleo Pancakes

That was a no brainer huh.


I eat paleo pancakes a lot but my favorite way is the almond flour recipe, topped with banana, sunflower seed butter, and salted cinnamon coconut chips.  Plus a side of bacon and cup of coffee.  

2- Hot Plates

I got this idea from Well Fed.  It basically just a bunch of stuff thrown together in a pan.  I eat these for lunch and dinner A LOT.  Sometimes even for breakfast!  It usually starts with "hamburger helper" and then I add whatever veggies I have in the fridge.


My favorite hot plate combo is ground pork with leftover salt and vinegar cabbage.

3- Slider Lettuce Wraps

Beef...

or pork... It doesn't matter!


4- Pulled pork and Salt and Vinegar Cabbage

Pulled pork and salt and vinegar cabbage should get married.  I'd go to their wedding...

5- Paleo Pad Thai

This is probably a no brainer too.  We eat this about once a week.

Leftovers are great with a fried egg on top!


What are your five favorite meals?

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Love this! Not sure of my five favorites but Paleo pancakes are definitely on that list!

Tiffany said...

Anything with turkey breast. I also love my green smoothies. I'm going to have to try that cabbage. I love cabbage. Didn't used too, but now I don't know how I made it this far in my life without it lol!
Everything looks delish. One of these days I'll try doing paleo pancakes too :)

Unknown said...

Ok all of those look delicious! I am going to have to make all of them and try them for myself!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

I love the Hot Plates idea. I am always scrambling to find creative ways to use up leftover veggies before they go bad. This sounds like a great solution.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl She actually has measurements in her book for everything. Like so much protein and so many cups of vegetables but I just dump it all in there haha :)

Unknown said...

One of my favorites is "build your own taco salad". Easy and everyone is happy to make whatever they'd like. :)

(I have to publish anonymously bc I'm commenting via an iPad this weekend, and can't fill in my name and IRL. it's Michelle @ EMB)

Mom on the Run said...

Everything looks so good! I have been meaning to ask...Can you make a big batch of paleo pancakes and reheat for the week or are the best fresh? Looking for a better more filling breakfast. Your pictures looks so good!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Mom on the Run Oh definitely fresh! I'm not a big fan of reheating eggs :/

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle Oh good one!

Katherine said...

All your food looks really good!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.