Sunday, January 13, 2013

On Board

We got so many things accomplished this weekend!  Before the hubs leaves he has a long list of things to do.  Between last weekend and this one we got it all done!

All four dogs even got a bath. That's a huge accomplishment. Especially since I bathed all four myself.

I got all of my meal planning done for two weeks this morning.

We had a restless night with the kids last night so I was up early while everyone else slept in.

We also got this weeks Starbucks/Whole Foods shop done.  Our last one together for 7 months.  Ugh time is going too fast.

It seems to be our thing... The Starbucks and then Whole Foods.  I'm going to miss it.

I've hopped on board with prepping on Sunday.  It seems like everyone else is doing it so I was feeling a little left out!

I spent most of the afternoon prepping!  It was kind of a lot of work but I'm sure it will be worth it later this week.

I made hamburger helper.


I riced cauliflower.  I didn't cook it yet.


I chopped broccoli and carrots.


I also did all of our peppers and onions.


I washed berries and put them in containers.  I go ahead and wash them because we eat them so fast.  They don't stand a chance to get moldy in our house!


I roasted a spaghetti squash.


I cleaned kale.


And hardboiled some eggs.


How do you meal prep?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! looks like you've had a productive day :D

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Aww, what am amazing puppy picture!! That makes me smile :).

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who meal plans several weeks in advanced. Not only does it help me stay organized and make shopping easier, but it also helps with my blog post planning. I love a good plan. What can I say, I am a bit Type A! ;)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Girl look at you go! Great job on prepping. It's the same with fresh fruit in our house...usually gone in a few days!

Tiffany said...

Wow, nice job! I got a haircut and did a million chores today. Usually Sunday is my meal planning and shopping day too, but it didn't work out that way. Tomorrow I morning I'll make the menu plan and go shopping with 2 of the 3 kids...yay :) lol Bummer about this being your last Starbucks/Whole Foods trip with hubby for a while :( Hang tough mama!

Erin said...

Wow, great work on the prep! I love a good Sunday prep too.
Cannot get ENOUGH of that little doxie! So precious!
Sounds like the deployment is coming up quickly :(

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Yay for meal prepping. I'd go mad if I didn't do that. I have all my salad lunches for the week ready, beans soaked and boiled, chicken breasts baked, and a few dinner items prepped. Gotta love productivity!

Danielle said...

Awesome job on the meal prep! Everything looks great. Makes the week so much easier!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

You inspired me Danielle!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Hannah- I am so type A too! It's ridiculous!

Christine said...

I totally don't meal prep, and right now I am feeling like I need to get home and chop some vegetables! I just got back from vacation, and a trip to Whole Foods is SERIOUSLY in order.

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

Wow! You did a lot! I always wash all the vegetables when I get them home from the grocery store, and I pre-make my lunches for work. But I don't usually do a whole bunch of meal prep stuff all in one day. It seems like it would be really convenient, though!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.