Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday Things

I'm loving this Thursday things thing... Who came up with it?  It might be boring for some of you but I actually love reading other peoples "things".  It's just a nice change of pace from the food...  

Here are some things...

• If you are on instagram (which you should be because it's the most fun thing ever) you saw that my chickens are out of control

They have really made themselves at home.  They love bread (and they probably should because it's Rudi's and it's delicious) and they love to eat it in my lap.  One of them has consistently been laying an egg a day.  They get what they want.  Bread in my lap for a fresh egg.  Deal.  See... out of control.  

Katy is doing a 28-Day Blog Challenge for February.  I'm really excited about this!

• Lindsay over at Cotter Crunch shared Lindsay's post on blog commenting etiquette:  Basics of Blog Comment Etiquette.  It's a really great read and I totally agree with all of it.

• I read another great article this week that described my paleo experience exactly:  Transitioning to Paleo.  My transition to paleo was actually pretty easy but I did have the "fatphobia" where you aren't replacing your carbs with enough fat.  It's a good article because I think all of us paleoers can relate to it.

• I have a confession. I reuse my Starbucks cups for my morning coffee.

Isn't that terrible!  I swear something about that damn cup makes coffee taste better.  I think it's time I get one of the ceramic tumblers.

Do you participate in blog post trends like WIAW?  If so, why? 

17 comments:

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Too cute about the Starbucks cup! :) I'm still blown away that you have chickens . . . and now they're laying eggs! Phenomenal. My husband says eating a fresh egg is WAY different than what I'm used to (buying from the grocery store). I'll have to make it priority to hunt down some fresh eggs soon.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Michelle @ Eat Move Balance It is different! They are so much better :)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I've thought a lot about starting a "Thursday Things" or "Friday Fives" or whatever....I really enjoy reading them, so I figured I should probably get on the bandwagon:) But I just need to decide what day! And a theme!

Thanks for the blog etiquette link....loved reading that!

Anonymous said...

Haha I totally reuse all my drink cups and bottles... I just hate throwing them out unless they're getting grody!

Unknown said...

So cute your chickens sit on your lap and eat! Thanks for sharing Lindsays comment etiquette post. I found it very helpful!

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

I love weekly posts like these, I just posted one today called Currently. I like being able to get all the random bits out of my head.

I want chickens someday!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Leslie @ Violet Imperfection You are exactly right! I'm headed over now to check out your post :)

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog. :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

I love participating in WIAW. It is fun to see what other people are eating, and I think that it is a great way to connect with other bloggers!

Miranda @ Biting Life said...

I try to do What I Ate Wednesday every week (but I don't always remember), and I also have my own blog link-up Shopping List Friday that I always do! I think that it's a fun way to connect with other bloggers and, like you said, it's nice to have a (ha!) change of pace.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Miranda @ Biting Life I totally agree!

Katie@Realfoodkatiesway.com said...

I love that you reuse your starbucks coffee cups!! Look trendy AND feel good about recycling at the same time ;)

I don't typically follow blog trends...I'm one who just sort of does own thing and if people happen to follow my shenanigans, bonus!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Katie@Realfoodkatiesway.com Here I thought I was weird about the Starbucks cups haha!

Cotter Crunch said...

i want a chicken! can we borrow some of yours? jk... maybe.
p.s. I totally resuse SBX cups!

Anonymous said...

I got a ceramic tumbler and I still prefer reusing cups (mine are dunkin though). My ceramic one leaks too much! I need to ask you some questions about the chickens...i am almost on board but I am having reservations about chicken poop all over my yard and the kids playing/stepping all over it! We have a dog but he is trained to only poop in the back corner behind the shed, not sure i can make chickens do that.

Ronniejean1 said...

Starbucks now has a $1.00 reusable cup that is just like the regular kind. I love mine, I'm using it right now while reading your blog ( that I love) So next time your at Starbucks ask them about it.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I'm going today!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.