Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Whole30 Day 10

Most of the time I'm ok with what I meal plan.  Sometimes... especially during my "down week" I get kind of sick of the food I made.  I'm sick of the food I made this week.  It's not that it's not good... I'm just tired of eating it.

Breakfast:

This is becoming the usual.  Three eggs, frozen peppers and onions, and broccoli cooked in ghee.


Plus coffee.


After the gym I stopped for a decaf coffee, a banana, and a little bit of blog work.

Lunch:

The last of the chicken meatballs, cauliflower rice, and cabbage.  Finally.

Dinner:

Leftovers again topped with sunshine sauce and avocado.

Exercise:
An hour of body combat plus 30 minutes of legs (squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg press).  I was so tired afterwards.  Too much?  Not enough food?  Who knows.

How I feel:
I feel blah today.  Not sure what my deal is.  I also want to eat everything.  I'm munchy.  I started meal planning for next week already and I'm kind of excited.  I'm going to make little bits of multiple things so I don't get bored.  Fail to prepare then prepare to fail.  Right?

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at Fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

19 comments:

Danielle said...

Your day looks great! I definitely get stuck in a rut when I make too many leftovers. Maybe make only a couple servings of everything so you don't get so bored!

Your Aunt said...

Mix it up girl. An important part of life is to enjoy your meals. If you have more variety you might actually eat better in the long run (more easily said than done I know). Maybe you could plan one or two nights when you prepare something fresh that day instead of your pre-prepared meals or leftovers night after night. I never do leftovers for more than two nights in a row, for the most part I cook only what we can eat and then work on the leftovers for lunch. For example I usually do a roast chicken in the middle of the week. We can get two nights out of it and then I vary the accompaniments. The first night salad and quinoa, the second night broccoli and yams. Etc. looking forward to your creative solutions!

Leslie said...

I felt the same way today. I want to be munchy, I want cupcakes...really I want frosting. My sugar demon is raging today. Blah.

Kristen said...

Me too. I wanted sprinkles... On anything. Haha.

Kristen said...

Thats a really good idea. It's so nice to have everything prepped in advance. I think you are right. Maybe I'll cook every other day or so from now on :)

Kristen said...

Do the girls like quinoa? I haven't tried my kids on it in a long time. How do you prepare it? I think I used to just cook it in chicken stock.

Katherine said...

this looks SO good. again :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Sorry you had the blahs :( I had a tough afternoon too!! I'm tired today. Tomorrow will be better!

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed said...

Ugh that's the worst when you don't want the food you made. I'm pretty easy going, I can eat the same thing 3 days in a row! Maybe you could jazz your meals up with a new sauce or something...? 1/3 of the way there!

Kristen said...

You are right!

Kristen said...

I'm thinking about switching things up that's for sure!

Kristen said...

I'm really hoping that's what works!

Matt said...

I am doing a mini Whole 16 starting today :) Going to Austin at the end of the month ;)

Jenny {Paleofoodiekitchen} said...

I've been feeling munchy too, like I wanted to snack even if I'm not hungry. Must be all the yummy food pics I stare at online, lol

Lindsay @ fuel my family said...

I can do leftovers a lot but the rest of my family wouldn't like it much. They can do 2 days in a row then I have to switch it up for a day or two and go back to the leftovers if they need to be used up. I am quite snacky today too, not sure what my deal is. Maybe its finally going to be "the week" for me after a 2 1/2 year hiatus from it :)

Kristen said...

LUCKY! It's about time to start again ;)

Kristen said...

or not start.... that's what i meant haha!

Kristen said...

I know right! I stare at food all day long.

Kristen said...

I hope you blog about it!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.