Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Whole30 Day 23

Breakfast:

I started with ghee (maybe a tablespoon?) and melted it in a pan.  I added one grated garlic clove and a big handful of spinach.  I let it cook for a minute or two and then added three whole eggs.  Breakfast!

Lunch:

A repeat reheat!

After lunch we went to pick strawberries.


Summer is coming!


I am so excited for summer produce!


Afterwards we stopped by Starbucks.

I bring my reusable $1 cup with homemade almond milk in it.  The employees know me so they know the deal.  At first they kept trying to dump out the almond milk.  After me freaking out a few times they figured it out...

Plus we fed the seagulls!


Dinner:

Oh I'm loving the mish-mosh bowls.  Cauliflower rice, broccoli, and leftover steak.  Topped with half an avocado.

Exercise:
None... Man I need to lift something heavy.  Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow.

How I feel:
So Tiffany said awhile ago that she felt like she needed "something special".  What is that feeling all about?  I had it today so I got a coffee.  It satisfied that feeling.  Anyone know why I felt that way?

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites
Emma at A Blissful Life

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten
Day eleven
Day twelve
Day thirteen
Day fourteen
Day fifteen
Day sixteen
Day seventeen
Day eighteen
Day nineteen
Day twenty
Day twenty one
Day twenty two

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

18 comments:

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

First - I wish, wish, wish the strawberries were ready here. We don't get them till early June:( Second - I would be pissed if I made my own almond milk and they dumped it out! That is almost like when you are nursing and spill breast milk. Liquid gold:)

Kristen said...

Haha I know right! Strawberries don't last long so we go a lot while they are here!

M. Love said...

You're looking great and rocking it buddy!!! Keep it up! Kids are cute as ever :)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Oh my yumminess! The sweet potatoes are amazing. I made them for dinner tonight. Feeling quite stuffed at the moment because I didn't want to stop eating lol. Whoops! I am finding that if I give myself something like coffee or kombucha it cures my "I want something special". Good call bringing your own almond milk!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Ahhh I'm all caught up on how your week has been, doing so well Kristen, you have this nailed. I love the look of those sweet potatoes and I am giving them a try for sure. GOSH you look AMAZING!!!

Kristen said...

Aww thanks girl! This week has definitely been the turning point. I was struggling a little bit trying to get everything in balance. I feel good about it all now :)

Kristen said...

I ate one of those sweet potatoes for dinner one night and wanted to go back for another one! One of my friends mentioned stuffing them with a bacon, apple, onion mix. I'll have to try that next time.

Kristen said...

Thank you M! :)

Kim said...

Looks like you had a really nice day and you look fabulous! :)

Danielle said...

Looks like a great day! Your kids are so adorable. Totally random too but I love your brown boots. So cute!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Strawberry picking! I've never been, but I want to! I think the eating something special is similar to having a "comfort" food. There's some association with the food and something else (holidays, home, growing up, warmth, relaxation, etc.).

Jenny @ Paleofoodiekitchen said...

Love that picture of you feeding the seagull =)
Also, what a fabulous day for strawberry picking. Your kids look like they had a blast!

Kirsty M said...

I am gonna make that breakfast tomorrow,:)) xx

Kristen said...

It's so good!

Kristen said...

It really was the perfect day. Just a little cool but not too cold.

Kristen said...

You are exactly right! Next time I feel that way I'll have to pay attention to how I feel at the moment or what's going on.

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed said...

My something special today was banana soft serve. Definitely SWYPO :) I'm feeling slightly similar and I'm going away this weekend, so I'm planning a lot of fun new recipes!


I want to pick strawberries! Looks like you had a good one!

Kristen said...

Ohhh I miss banana soft serve!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.