Monday, April 15, 2013

Whole30 Day 15- Week Two Check In!

Week TWO:

So week two was much harder than week one.  I had a rough week mentally with the kids so it was much more challenging this week.  I've felt really good the past couple days.  I think things are leveling out because I just feel good.  Which is how I want to feel.  Sure the crazy energy is great but I know that won't hold up forever.  I just want to feel happy with myself and that's how I feel right now.  The only thing I'm fighting are the cravings when I get stressed in the afternoons.  I want to eat and it doesn't matter what it is.  I'm not even sure if those will go away.  I've tried making myself happy in other ways but right now eating is what makes me the happiest.  I haven't given in to those urges.  I'm practicing some tough love on myself in hopes of breaking that cycle.

How are you feeling this week?  Go link up with Courtney!

Breakfast:

I reheated that frittata I made yesterday and topped it with fresh salsa and avocado.  Plus a side of strawberries and blackberries.

Lunch:

Well I'm just adapting everyone's recipes because lunch was an adaptation of this recipe for tuna cakes.  I don't even know what I threw in the bowl but it was amazing.  The cakes held together nicely and really crisped up on the outside.


Plus I had some massaged kale drizzled with balsamic vinegar.

One thing I've learned on my foodie adventure is to get a good balsamic vinegar.  
I'm not talking the $50 bottle on the shelf... I think this was $12 and it was worth every penny.  It's so sweet and tangy.  It's very different from the $3.99 bottle.

I went back for more balsamic!


Dinner:

Italian meatballs with spaghetti squash all cooked in Raos marinara.

Plus simple greens with olive oil, fresh lemon, and more balsamic.


Exercise:
Nothing! I haven't been going crazy with exercise during this Whole30. I've been kind of busy with errands and honestly I guess the gym hasn't been a priority.

How I feel:
This morning started out a little rough emotionally for me but I was fine around lunch time.  These dang kids are sucking the life out of me.  I never once had a craving today or wanted to eat out of stress.  Crazy!

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten
Day eleven
Day twelve
Day thirteen
Day fourteen

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

9 comments:

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

I put kale into our stir fry tonight (which I haven't done before) and loved it! And Iove tuna, but have never had a tuna cake - might have to try those!

Kirsty M said...

hi there... i started Whole 30 yesterday... so am on day 2 today... :-)

i stumbled across your blog yesterday and have loved reading it. it has really motivated me... thank you xx http://kikidoeswhole30.blogspot.co.uk/

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Love the look of the tuna cakes!

Kristen said...

They really turned out nice!

Kristen said...

You are so welcome! Can't wait to follow along with your Whole30!

Tiffany Campiotti said...

The frittata and tuna cakes look great! YUMMMMMMMMY.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

The tuna cakes sound great. I just checked the recipe . . . easy enough! I have all those ingredients. This is a must try. :) Glad you're feeling so well!

Kristen said...

It's such a simple recipe and really yummy!

Krissa Jeldy said...

That frittata looks good! I'm doing a Whole30 this month too. Not blogging about it every day, but keeping a running food journal: http://www.morethanmundane.com/resources/whole30-eating-log/

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.