Sunday, April 28, 2013

Whole30 Day 28

Breakfast:

Last night's dinner was so good that I had to recreate it for breakfast!



Here's how I did it:

I started with a frozen pepper/onion mix that I keep in the freezer.  I let it cook for awhile in coconut oil and then I added probably a cup of grated sweet potato and a leftover grass fed beef burger.  While that cooked I mixed up two eggs, sliced my avocado, and got the salsa out.  I added the eggs and when everything was ready I topped it with salsa and avocado.


Lunch:

I had an avocado that was overly ripe so I pretty much ate a whole avocado today.  I mixed half with a can of tuna plus relish and mustard.  I also roasted some carrots.  Can you tell I need to go grocery shopping?

Dinner:

Dinner was steak, sweet potato (with ghee and coconut) and watermelon at my parents house.  We all agreed that every Sunday night should be steak and potatoes!

Exercise:
Remember how I said how the combat run wasn't so bad?  I kind of regret that statement... Can I take it back?  I'm hurting... Everywhere.  I have multiple purple bruises that I don't even remember getting!  I even have one on my forehead!  And my triceps are killing me!  No exercise today!

How I feel:
Today for some reason I feel really bloated.  It's making me feel like I've gained weight... Too many sweet potatoes?  Just hormonal?  What are your thoughts?  I haven't eaten anything abnormal.

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites
Emma at A Blissful Life

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten
Day eleven
Day twelve
Day thirteen
Day fourteen
Day fifteen
Day sixteen
Day seventeen
Day eighteen
Day nineteen
Day twenty
Day twenty one
Day twenty two
Day twenty three
Day twenty four
Day twenty five
Day twenty six
Day twenty seven

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

6 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

You certainly can take it back :-) that's a great run! Bloated, not too sure but I did have some of that a week or so ago and if memory serves me rightly it was because I had drunk almost 3 litres of water that day...it was hot and I had worked out hard.

Kristen said...

Water might be it! I drank a lot of water yesterday. :)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Water is a def possible cause to the bloated feeling. I also found that I had to cut back on the sweet potato a bit too. I am super carb sensitive. If I eat too many I upset the friendly truce/balance, the desire for more kicks in and I have less control :( I am learning though.

Bree Moseley said...

Oh man that breakfast looks amazing. We're making burgers tonight, so you gave me an idea for what to do with the leftovers in the morning. I felt like on my last whole30 I was more bloaty than usual, but I was eating a lot more fruits and nuts than usual. It could also be your body trying to retain water after that crazy run.

Kristen said...

I never thought of that!

Kristen said...

That sounds like me. Once I even let sweet potatoes in to my diet they start sneaking in to every meal....

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.