Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Whole30 Day 9

The Whole30 isn't just about food for me. The month of March was pretty overwhelming so I needed a reset on life. Physically and mentally. One thing I have made a point to do this month is get outside and spend time with my kids. Squirrel and LB are at a great age to play outside. It was gorgeous today so we went to the beach. The water is still cold but they had a great time playing in the sand.

We also met someone that had her pet parrot out there.  Weird?  Maybe... but the kids loved the little bird.

Anyways on to food...

Breakfast:

I reheated some leftovers.  Not nearly as good as eggs.

Lunch:

One hard boiled egg mashed with a can of tuna and half an avocado.  Plus leftover roasted sweet potato and carrots topped with coconut butter.  This lunch was awesome!

Dinner:

Leftovers!  On a bed of sweet potatoes topped with sunshine sauce.

First rule of paleo?  Learn to like leftovers.

Exercise:
30 minute chest workout plus an hour of yoga.  Back at the gym!

How I feel:
I really wanted something sweet today.  Chocolate or a cookie would have been ideal.  That has to be normal even while doing the Whole30.  Will cravings ever go away when you are stressed or emotional?  I don't think so.  What do you think???

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

18 comments:

Leslie said...

I think craving sweets is normal, it when it overtakes your eating when it is a problem. I have really noticed my cravings have gone way down the last two days. I am also play inane being more active with Violet which I love.

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I'm so jealous of your trip to the beach!! Food looks good! I agree, learn to like leftovers. I can't believe how many leftovers I am eating...never used to before. My kids even had leftover meatballs tonight! I was so proud lol. I think I need to cut back on the fruit and raisins because I feel like I'm relying on them DAILY. *sigh* No one's perfect though :)

The Primalist said...

I'm also jealous about your gorgeous weather at the beach! It's rainy in Raincouver.... beautiful photos! :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Since "sweet" is one of our tastes (like salty, sour, etc.), I think it's something that's always there in some way, shape or form. The difference (I believe) is in how "sweet" can be satisfied. The SAD is too caught up with lots of refined sugar, and a constant craving for it. Whereas, if you eat more holistically, sweet can come from fruit and even sweet vegetables. :)

Kristen said...

I thought about just eating half a banana or something. I totally agree with you on this!

Kristen said...

Aww! Thank you. The weather was beautiful.

Kristen said...

No one is perfect... You are exactly right. I need to research some whole30 snacks because it seems like all there is to eat are nuts, fruit, veggies, and hardboiled eggs.

Kristen said...

Sunshine sauce is awesome! I never thought of sweet as a break from savory.... You are right about that!

Kim said...

Love the beach pictures...you look great!

We have definitely learned to like leftovers. Before Whole30 it seemed like we were always throwing food away but now we make sure to eat it all.

I know for me the sweet cravings have lessened quite a bit but some days that desire is still there! Sometimes just a little bit of coconut butter does the trick for me. :)

Beth Lombardi said...

Those are really great pictures from the beach! Looks like yuo had a nice day with the kids.

Jenny {Paleofoodiekitchen} said...

Awesome Whole30 blog posts!
I am doing the 21 day sugar detox and checking out Whole30 blogs to see if I can do this next.

I love love leftovers because it's one less meal for me to cook and worry about. Plus I can make a big batch and it can last for days.

I had a hardboiled egg and avocado for breakfast and adding tuna sounds like a good idea. Not sure if my coworker will appreciate the tuna smell tho. So i'll have to try it out on a weekend =)

Kristen said...

Aww girl... Seems like everyone is sick. I hope you feel better!

Kristen said...

Maybe try chicken in that mix! When my husband takes stuff like that to work people hate it. They always say his food smells weird. I guess because it's not Wendy's or Subway haha.

Kristen said...

Thank! We really had a great day!

Kristen said...

I was really hoping that feeling would just go away but I don't think it's going to. I will have to teach myself how to deal with it!

Charmaine said...

I see no problem at all with a little chocolate now and then! A little taste after dinner is sometimes all I need!

Your aunt again said...

What I think I mean is that if you address your cravings little by little you can keep it under control. But, that approach might not work for everyone.

Kristen said...

I've thought about extending mine just for those sugar cravings. I don't think people realize how much they rely on sugar....

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.