Friday, April 12, 2013

Whole30 Day 12

First of all, thank you guys for your kind words yesterday.  I get an alert on my phone every time someone comments on here and so your comments made me feel better all afternoon.  That's one of the reasons I blog- great support group with amazing blogger friends.

Second of all, I took everyone's advice the other day about meal planning.  My meal planning changed drastically.  Actually, you might not see much meal prep on here...  I'll explain more later.  Another reason why I blog- advice and accountability from those amazing blogger friends.

Third of all, I checked in with my list of whole30 bloggers today.  You guys are amazing.  Need another reason why I blog?- inspiration from those amazing blogger friends!

Breakfast:

Beef, broccoli, bok choy, and carrots.  Topped with sunshine sauce.

Lunch:

Leftover paleOMG glazed blackberry pork chops with cauliflower rice.


I was hungry this afternoon so I made a snack of one hardboiled egg and a little bit of avocado mashed together.

Dinner:

I love burgers.  I topped these with homemade paleo mayo, avocado, mustard, and relish.  All whole30 approved.  Plus a side of salt and vinegar cabbage.

Tonight was pizza, popcorn, and a movie night for us.  Last Friday I felt pretty left out so this Friday I was prepared.  
I ate a little snack with the kids.  Defrosted berries nuked in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  Topped with sliced almonds and homemade almond milk.  I didn't even want the popcorn!

Exercise:
Does pushing a grocery cart count?  That's what I did instead of going to the gym.

How I feel:
I scrambled out of bed this morning at 5:30.  I have been setting my alarm for 5:30 instead of 6 so I have more alone time.  The little birds wake up at 7 so I have from 5:30-7 to shower and then do whatever I want.  I'm not sure if it's the whole30 or the fact that I get time by myself with coffee that jolts me out of bed.  Either way I love it.

I hit a little low this afternoon.  I felt just blah.  Blah with this whole30 thing, blah with the way my body looks, blah.... Has anyone else had that?

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten
Day eleven

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

21 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh yes I have had a few blah moments like that. I think why the heck am I doing this? It is such a mental game, it is so hard.

Kristen said...

Totally agree!

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I need to set my alarm for earlier again. I love the time by myself before the kids get up. My son wakes up at 5:45-6:00 am *blech* so I have to do 5:00-5:15 if I want any time. I know it's worth it, I just don't really like early lol.
I've had a few "why am I doing this?" moments. I wanted some greek frozen yogurt today that I saw at the grocery store. It passed pretty quickly because I am feeling good overall most of the time.
I can't wait to see your meal plan for the week. I think you'll be happier cooking a few nights a week. I like prepping a few things at a time (mostly for lunch) then I cook "fresh" dinners most nights.

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

Alone time is SO important...especially for you with the hubs gone, even if it requires getting up a bit earlier - good for you!

Kelly Janowski said...

Your food looks beautiful. Good luck during the rest of the challenge!

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed said...

Wow, your eats look really tasty. Keep it up, we're almost half way!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

I am blahhhhhh too! I'm blah with food, blah with running, blah with thinking about food. I had a few moments today when I was thinking 'why am I even doing another whole30? seriously, I know what foods work best for me, and emotional eating...pfft I don't even do it that much'. Welcome to the head games of week 2 and 3 but gosh I just wish I'd get some ethusiasium back!

Kristen said...

Oh man that's early! I thinking all those "why am I doing this" feelings are totally normal.

Kristen said...

I totally agree! I am with my kids 24 hours a day... Well most of the time. It wears on me.

Kristen said...

Aww thank you!

Kristen said...

YAY!!!!

Kristen said...

You were so right about the rollercoaster ride!

Kristen said...

For reals!

Matt said...

I NEED to make that sunshine sauce!

Kim said...

Love your Friday night treat!!

Lindsay said...

We all have off and blah days and times. Lord knows I do! But you are pushing through with grace and determination. Keep it up! Now, how do you make your cauliflower rice? I'd like to try it.

k d said...

looks delish and you're doing awesome!!

Kristen said...

Thank you!!!

Kristen said...

Oh SO easy! Pulse raw cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender until it forms rice. Then sauté in a pan with a little bit of coconut oil until soft. It's so good!

Kristen said...

You really do Matt....

Lindsay said...

I am so going to try this. Maybe even this week!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.