Monday, April 8, 2013

Whole30 Day 8- Week One Check In!

Week ONE:

When Courtney mentioned a weekly check in link up I was totally in!  I want to know how everyone did because honestly it's been a little tough for me.  Here's some random thoughts from week one:

• I miss the foodie things I do with my kids.
• I've already been thinking about what I'm going to add back to my diet and what I'm going to leave out.  PALEO PANCAKES.
• I miss paleo pancakes.
• If I had to give up coffee I don't think I could do the Whole30.  I'm keeping coffee minimal and before noon.
• I haven't been focusing on the gym very much.  I think that's ok because I'm really focused on what I'm eating right now.
• I feel great.  I usually have a down week once a month... You know... and that is this coming week so we'll see how it goes!

Breakfast:

Still loving this mix.  Three eggs, broccoli, peppers, and onions cooked in ghee.

Lunch:

I snacked on a few almonds while I made lunch.  I had them out to soak to make almond milk.  I didn't eat too many amazingly.  My will power is getting much better!


I reheated those chicken meatballs, cauliflower rice, and sautéed cabbage.  Cabbage gets old... really quick... and I have so much cabbage.  Blah.

Dinner:

Beef, broccoli, carrots, and bok choy with sunshine sauce on top.

Exercise:
No gym today.  I had to take the dogs to the vet.

How I feel:
Another great day!  I didn't even have an afternoon lull.

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

13 comments:

Leslie said...

We made it through week 1! Yay us! The chicken meatballs look fabulous. I need to put those on our list for sure. I know Violet would love them too.

Kristen said...

My kids like them! They are simple... My kids don't like anything with crazy spices :)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Yum, yum! Amazingly I'm finding that "the down week" is easier. I really think the hunger and fatigue I was feeling this weekend was cycle related since yesterday was day 1. (Sorry if TMI lol).
ANY-WHO!
I totally want to add in paleo pancakes after this too. And really, if it turns out I'm not sensitive to dairy I want my plain Greek yogurt again. And green smoothies. lol. Nothing crazy, I'm feeling awesome and I don't want to jack that up, but a little more leeway will be good too.

Jess @ PaleoJess.com said...

I have got to try this sunshine sauce, I've seen it everywhere and I think it's time to try new stuff. I find that week 2 is my tough week, week one I'm all set and everything is great then week 2 I want my old 'paleo pancakes' etc back. Week 2 hasn't started off so great so I'm hoping I can refire today and tomorrow!

Jess @ PaleoJess.com said...

Oh me too...I want plain greek yoghurt back in...but I don't think I can stomach it (I had a mishap a month ago).

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

You're right--giving up coffee would be brutal. ;) With so much cabbage, maybe try roasting it. I had never thought to roast cabbage before, but I ended up loving it!! You roast a whole wedge, and use it as a salad base, or roast it with other veggies in a mix.

Kristen said...

That's a great idea. I've only ever sautéed it. One person cannot eat a whole head of cabbage! :)

Kristen said...

GIRL! You have to try sunshine sauce. So good. You'll be back on track this week. You had all odds against you and you stuck with it!

Kristen said...

I agree with you Tiffany. I feel great and can tell I'm already losing some weight. I'm not sure if I want to mess all that up. That's what my down week is from by the way. Gotta get through the chocolate cravings :(

Kim said...

Congrats on making it through Week 1! That was the hardest part for me. :) I don't know about giving up coffee either...I gave up my creamer and sweetener and I probably wouldn't even like it now.

Courtney said...

Yay for one week down! That Sunshine sauce looks amazing. I have found that I've been eating too much red meat and not enough Chicken. I may try those meatballs with some ground turkey I have, they look good! Here is to another successful week!

Danielle said...

You are doing amazing! Congrats on getting through your first week. I bet that will be the hardest week! Easy from here :)

Melissa Love said...

Yay for your first week down -- I have one day down! haha I need to try the Sunshine sauce -- I still haven't done that!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.