Monday, April 22, 2013

Whole30 Day 22- Week Three Check In!

First let's check in.

This week was rough with the kids... Do I say that every week?  I had a sick kid all week long and it's still continuing.  We went to the doctor today by the way.  Food wise I did awesome.  I was stressed and I didn't want food.  That's huge!  I am feeling better, sleeping better, my skin is better, and I know I've lost weight.  I kind of don't want to end this thing.

How was your week?  Go link up with Courtney!

Breakfast:

Three eggs, broccoli, peppers, and onions cooked in ghee.

Lunch:

Chicken salad (chicken, avocado, grapes) on spinach and some overdone kale chips.  That was such a great combination!  The grapes, avocado, and shredded chicken.  I also added some onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  You gotta try it!

I was too busy making these guys...

To pay attention to my kale chips!  They got a little crispy.

Dinner:

Speaking of those guys...


These were awesome.  I made PaleOMG's turkey stuffed twice baked sweet potatoes around lunch time for dinner.

They reheated well and were so good.  If you haven't bought Juli's cookbook you should.


Plus I made roasted asparagus.  Such a simple and delicious meal.

Exercise:
None.

How I feel:
Felt a little blah today.  I woke up in a funky mood.  Not all days will be perfect...  I did have a great day of eating though.  Everything was satisfying!

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites
Emma at A Blissful Life

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten
Day eleven
Day twelve
Day thirteen
Day fourteen
Day fifteen
Day sixteen
Day seventeen
Day eighteen
Day nineteen
Day twenty
Day twenty one

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

10 comments:

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I'm making those sweet potatoes! Delish! Nom-nom.
Having a sick kid is hard! I've dealt with multiple temper tantrums myself today...yay :P Ugh.
They can't always be awesome days. Hang tough!

Anonymous said...

I need to know how to view my posts or comments on other peoples blogs. Is there anywhere I could go to get a list of all my posts? . . Any help appreciated..
[url=http://b-apuestas-deportowias.com/]bwin bono[/url]

Kristen said...

But I want them to awesome every single day haha! :)

Kim said...

The potatoes look amazing! :)

Lindsay @ fuel my family said...

Oh I want those potatoes! I am currently eating a sweet potato with cottage cheese as a snack as I blog :)

Kirsty M said...

Those potatoes are such a fab idea :) hope your little one feels better soon xx

Naz(@CinnamonEats) said...

Those sweet potatoes look delicious! I really need to get her book!

Emma Bliss said...

Those sweet potatoes look awesome! Great that you don't want it to end. That must be a good sign.

Lindsay said...

I've made avocado chicken salad and squeezed in lime juice for some acidity, but adding grapes sounds so good. I'll have to try it that way next time! Those potatoes look so yummy too! I've seen stuffing them with a bacon/apple/onion mixture too... There you go inspiring me again!

Kristen said...

The lime juice is a great idea! The grapes really did it I think. Ohhhh bacon, apple, turkey burger, onion...... YUMMMMMY!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.