Friday, April 5, 2013

Whole30 Day 5

Breakfast:

The last bit of pork, brussels, and kale.  Plus a fried egg on top.

Lunch:

Lunch was eaten in my kitchen while LB napped.  I'm a multitasker so I did a few other things while I ate.  I ate the last of the spaghetti squash and meat sauce straight out of the jar and I ate kale chips straight off the baking sheet.  We've found the perfect temperature for kale chips.  325.  Anything more burns the edges.  325 almost dehydrates it.... It's so perfect!

Dinner:

If you are on instagram you saw on Wednesday that I found local grass fed beef.

I talked to the owner and he is very knowledgable about it.  He told me about the cows, where they live, and where they are processed (which happens to be the same place our Whole Foods processes their beef!).  I also talked to a few of his customers in line buying beef.  Everyone said it's the best tasting beef they've ever had.  I was that weirdo interviewing everyone while they paid.  Meat is important to me!  I need to know where it comes from and what makes it great.

I'm also that person that stands by the beets at Whole Foods and questions anyone that buys them on how to prepare them.  Needless to say I meet a lot of foodie people... Whether they want to meet me or not.  Ha!

Anyways, I made burgers of course with the ground beef.  Next time I'll get some steaks but I've been craving some burgers.  They even had brisket... maybe when the hubs comes home.

I topped mine with avocado and they truly were amazing.  So soft and... beefy?


I also made curried carrot fries.

Burgers and fries on Whole30?  Am I allowed to do that?

I love the curry seasoning Diane made in Practical Paleo.


It has it's own special jar in my house.


Exercise:
I spent an hour at the gym... Doing what Kristen?  There are some days where I'm mindless at the gym too.  Today was one of those day.  I did 20 minutes or so on the treadmill and some leg stuff.  Lunges, squats, deadlift, leg press... Nothing exciting because honestly I wasn't too excited to be there!

Water:
Did it!  It's becoming easier and easier to drink 2 liters of water... I might omit this section next post.  I'll just tell you if I didn't drink the water.

How I feel:
Today was the second day in a row that I woke up at 6:14 and jumped out of bed.  My alarm is set for 6:15 and normally I hit the snooze until 7... Making us late to where ever we are going.  I'd say something is going good in my body!  And today I was headache free!   Yessss!  Good day today!

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

18 comments:

Matt said...

Grass fed beef is SO GOOD. I actually like it a lot more than the grain fed kind, which most people think is weird.

Shelly said...

I'm glad your Whole30 is going well! I'm hoping for that bursting energy soon!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I think that is only because people are used to eating grain fed. To me they taste a lot different! I do prefer the grass fed too!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Shelly- I think it takes a little bit! I sure feels good!

Leslie said...

I am having a tough day today, dinner was not satisfying and I didn't eat part of something we made and now I am hungry not just bored hungry and just can't decide what to eat. Friday is normally our take-out night so that isn't helping either.

We are having burgers tomorrow since it is my husband's birthday. How did you make the curry carrot fries? They look delicious!

Kristen said...

Meal plan to make sure you have satisfying dinners. It looks like dinners might be your most important meal. Especially to control the PM snacking! Carrot fries are easy! I used a curry mix seasoning from Practical Paleo. Melt some coconut oil and toss the carrots in it. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes flipping them around halfway through. My kids like them with just salt and pepper. You can use olive oil too. :)

Kristen said...

Also, tonight is our pizza, popcorn, and movie night. Avoiding the popcorn has been the hardest part of this Whole30 so far!

Leslie said...

We have been meal planning but I think we are still trying to find our way. I think we need to have back up if we try something new in case we don't like it.

Kim said...

The burgers and carrot fries look amazing! Yay for a great Day 5! :)

Jess @ PaleoJess.com said...

Awesome no headaches! Looks like another day in the bag :-)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I was cutting up carrots this evening for hubby's lunch tomorrow (can I get a high-five for that btw) and had the thought to try carrot fries. Hilarious that you made them tonight! I might give those a try tomorrow. They sound delish. I'll probably go the salt & pepper route, since hubby isn't a huge fan of curry (silly man IMO).

Very cool deal with the meat too. Glad you were headache free today! And, at least you made it to the gym.

Kristen said...

They are yummy! My kids also like them... More than sweet potato fries :)

Kristen said...

I know right!

Kristen said...

DONE!!!

Kristen said...

I hate it when we don't like something. It seems like such a waste. Stick to the basics! :)

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed said...

I never thought of making carrot fries! I love the carrots with dates from Practical Paleo. Such a good cookbook!

Kristen said...

Thank you girl!

Kristen said...

Ohhhh I haven't tried that one! I'll have to do it :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.