Sunday, April 7, 2013

Whole30 Day 7- Meal Prep For 4/8-4/12

Breakfast:

Three eggs with peppers, onions, and broccoli cooked in ghee.  Plus coffee with coconut milk.

I loooooove this combination.

The peppers make it kind of sweet.  Between the broccoli getting a little crispy and the ghee it almost tastes cheesy.  Plus it keeps me full until lunch.  This might beat out paleo pancakes for breakfast!

Lunch:

On Sundays my lunch is a miss mosh of things.  I normally meal prep around lunch time so I just graze.  I figured I'd let myself do that today to see how mindful I could be about what went in my mouth.  Normally I over eat.

Today I ate three chicken meatballs off the baking sheet.


Plus maybe 10 carrot sticks with no sugar/no salt sunflower seed butter.

I didn't do bad at all!  I also had a couple bites of things to see if they needed more seasoning.

Dinner:

Dinner was at my parents again.  Roast beef, carrots, and red cabbage.

Exercise:  an hour and a half of yoga

How I feel:
The snacking thing is under control.  But here comes my next obstacle.

Today is Sunday and it's pancake day in my house.  
Friday was pizza, popcorn, and a movie.  I feel like I'm missing out on some fun stuff with my kids. 

Meal Prep:

I made two meals for the week.

I made a Well Fed hot plate with grass fed beef, broccoli, carrots, garlic, and bok choy.

I made sunshine sauce to put on the top.


I also made these chicken meatballs (O...M...G... so freakin good!- I added an egg to the mix!), cauliflower rice (just riced cauliflower cooked in coconut oil), and sautéed purple/red cabbage.


I also hardboiled eggs...


And organized everything in my fridge so it was easy to find.


I also have:

• Sweet potatoes and carrots for roasting
• Avocado for topping
• Pork chops defrosting in the fridge because I didn't make enough chicken meatballs

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

14 comments:

Leslie said...

I think the challenge for you after this month is how to have those fun times with your kids but not let it ruin the rest of your week or your mindset. It is so hard to find that balance, I struggle with it too. Maybe make a new tradition that is either paleo friendly or not food related. Hmm. I am going to think on this and see what I can come up with because it would be something I could incorporate with Violet since she is getting older.

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed said...

Wow you go girl, look at all that meal prep! I love pancakes that consist of 1 egg, 2 ripe bananas, and a little cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Mix all the ingredients together, cook on the stove in some coconut oil. Top with some blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, shredded coconut, etc. It might be considered "sex with your pants on" according to the Whole30 program, but if eating eggs and bananas is wrong then I don't wanna be right :)

Jess @ PaleoJess.com said...

I struggles with pancakes yesterday too, so omlettes were on the menu instead. Love your meal prep!

Kim said...

Have you ever made Sunshine Sauce with almond butter instead of Sunbutter?


Your hot plate and meatballs look yummy!!

Kristen said...

No but that sounds really good too!

Kristen said...

That's the one thing I will definitely be bringing back after all of this.

Kristen said...

Haha!!!

Kristen said...

You are exactly right. Before I would have paleo pancakes with the kids and eat gluten free pizza. The popcorn was my one splurge. It's tricky because you shouldn't have an emotional attachment towards food but food plays such a big part in a family.

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

Okay....I'll patiently wait for that chicken meatball recipe.....:)

Sarah said...

Wow, it sounds like you are keeping well prepared - I imagine that will be a key to your success. Well done so far. I agree with Leslie, that doing things with your kids that don't revolve around food might help.

Kristen said...

It definitely is!

Leslie said...

My husband and I have decided to make an effort to not reward Violet with food as she grows up. So no m&ms while potty training, if she is good and wants a treat, a toy not candy. It will be hard. So much with family means food, birthdays, holidays, celebrations. It is so hard.

Kristen said...

I know! I think it's important to pick and choose what is important to you!

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Nice job! Here's to a great week!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.