Saturday, April 13, 2013

Whole30 Day 14

Normally I know what I've eaten all day.  If I'm missing out on green veggies then I can squeeze them in.  Honestly, I had no idea what I ate today.  Everything was Whole30 but it was so random.  I was trying to get rid of stuff in the fridge and eating things I made for meal prep at the same time.

Breakfast:

Three eggs, peppers, onions, and broccoli cooked in ghee.  Plus coffee with homemade almond milk.


I ended up sharing a lot of it with LB even though I didn't want to.

Lunch:

Salt and vinegar cabbage with two leftover applegate hotdogs.  Topped with mustard.  Strange but really good!

After lunch I started on some minimal meal prep.  I didn't like it but I took everyone's advice and gave up the whole week meal prep thing.  Instead of prepping for the week I just prepped basics and wrote a note of possibilities on the fridge.

First up was meatballs.

I made my own recipe for Italian meatballs just to make sure it was still good.

I forgot how much I love those little guys!

They really are an amazing meatball!

I also made a frittata for breakfast so I don't fall in the rut I was in last week.

Frittatas are easy.  I got the idea from Everyday Paleo but have kind of made it my own.  I just brown up some meat with peppers, onions, and grated sweet potato.  I sprinkle everything with taco seasoning.

Then I pour 6 scrambled eggs over the top.


Bake covered at 350 until it sets and then uncovered until it gets a little brown on top.

So good and it reheats great!

I also:

• Made sure all veggies were cleaned, chopped, peeled and ready to go
• All fruit was washed
• Made massaged kale

Dinner:

RANDOM!  See!  I wasn't overly hungry because I ate three of those meatballs I made off the baking sheet.  Ridiculous I know.  I put some of the beef I used for the frittata aside for dinner.  I have an endless supply of salt and vinegar cabbage so I reheated that plus the beef and topped it with fresh salsa and avocado.  Plus roasted carrots and sweet potato with coconut butter.  Whew.


Exercise:
Nothing!

How I feel:
I felt amazing today!  Not endless crazy energy, not tired, not blah, not overly happy... I just felt like me which is exactly how I want to feel.  I felt content if that describes it better.

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten
Day eleven
Day twelve
Day thirteen

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

16 comments:

Leslie said...

So glad you felt content today, that is awesome! The frittata looks yummy, my husband would love that!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Yes! That's the feelings I'm having too, just happy and feeling great!

Kim said...

The frittata looks SO good! Great idea to add meat to the mix. :) Glad you're feeling great!!

Peter Tremayne said...

This is a great 30 day challenge you're doing here Kristen! I've already seem some delicious Paleo recipes to try.

Loving the photos too! Think I need lessons on how to take good photos :)

Peter

Kristen said...

It's definitely been a "challenge" that's for sure!

Kristen said...

It is really good!

Kristen said...

Try it! So easy and heats up well for......... BREAKFAST ;) ;) ;)

Naz(@CinnamonEats) said...

Love the way that frittata looks :) You're nearly half way there! :)

Kristen said...

It's so good... I love adding the beef and veggies because it's not as "eggy".

Jenny @ Paleofoodiekitchen said...

Wow that frittata looks delish!
Hope today is just as amazing as your weekend =)

Robyn said...

that frittata looks so good! I will totally be trying that next weekend!

Courtney said...

Uhm- want to come cook for me for the next two weeks?

Kristen said...

Yes please!!! You and I would have a BLAST!

Kristen said...

Let me know what you think :)

Kristen said...

Aww thanks girl!

Leslie said...

Hahahahaha :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.