Saturday, April 13, 2013

Whole30 Day 14

Normally I know what I've eaten all day.  If I'm missing out on green veggies then I can squeeze them in.  Honestly, I had no idea what I ate today.  Everything was Whole30 but it was so random.  I was trying to get rid of stuff in the fridge and eating things I made for meal prep at the same time.

Breakfast:

Three eggs, peppers, onions, and broccoli cooked in ghee.  Plus coffee with homemade almond milk.


I ended up sharing a lot of it with LB even though I didn't want to.

Lunch:

Salt and vinegar cabbage with two leftover applegate hotdogs.  Topped with mustard.  Strange but really good!

After lunch I started on some minimal meal prep.  I didn't like it but I took everyone's advice and gave up the whole week meal prep thing.  Instead of prepping for the week I just prepped basics and wrote a note of possibilities on the fridge.

First up was meatballs.

I made my own recipe for Italian meatballs just to make sure it was still good.

I forgot how much I love those little guys!

They really are an amazing meatball!

I also made a frittata for breakfast so I don't fall in the rut I was in last week.

Frittatas are easy.  I got the idea from Everyday Paleo but have kind of made it my own.  I just brown up some meat with peppers, onions, and grated sweet potato.  I sprinkle everything with taco seasoning.

Then I pour 6 scrambled eggs over the top.


Bake covered at 350 until it sets and then uncovered until it gets a little brown on top.

So good and it reheats great!

I also:

• Made sure all veggies were cleaned, chopped, peeled and ready to go
• All fruit was washed
• Made massaged kale

Dinner:

RANDOM!  See!  I wasn't overly hungry because I ate three of those meatballs I made off the baking sheet.  Ridiculous I know.  I put some of the beef I used for the frittata aside for dinner.  I have an endless supply of salt and vinegar cabbage so I reheated that plus the beef and topped it with fresh salsa and avocado.  Plus roasted carrots and sweet potato with coconut butter.  Whew.


Exercise:
Nothing!

How I feel:
I felt amazing today!  Not endless crazy energy, not tired, not blah, not overly happy... I just felt like me which is exactly how I want to feel.  I felt content if that describes it better.

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

• Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
• Jess at Paleo Jess
• Leslie at Violet Imperfection
• Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
• Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
• Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
• Naz at Cinnamon Eats
• Claire at The Ascent Blog
• Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
• Fergie at fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

• Day one
• Day two
• Day three
• Day four
• Day five
• Day six
• Day seven
• Day eight
• Day nine
• Day ten
• Day eleven
• Day twelve
• Day thirteen

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

16 comments:

Leslie said...

So glad you felt content today, that is awesome! The frittata looks yummy, my husband would love that!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Yes! That's the feelings I'm having too, just happy and feeling great!

Kim said...

The frittata looks SO good! Great idea to add meat to the mix. :) Glad you're feeling great!!

Peter Tremayne said...

This is a great 30 day challenge you're doing here Kristen! I've already seem some delicious Paleo recipes to try.

Loving the photos too! Think I need lessons on how to take good photos :)

Peter

Kristen said...

It's definitely been a "challenge" that's for sure!

Kristen said...

It is really good!

Kristen said...

Try it! So easy and heats up well for......... BREAKFAST ;) ;) ;)

Naz(@CinnamonEats) said...

Love the way that frittata looks :) You're nearly half way there! :)

Kristen said...

It's so good... I love adding the beef and veggies because it's not as "eggy".

Jenny @ Paleofoodiekitchen said...

Wow that frittata looks delish!
Hope today is just as amazing as your weekend =)

Robyn said...

that frittata looks so good! I will totally be trying that next weekend!

Courtney said...

Uhm- want to come cook for me for the next two weeks?

Kristen said...

Yes please!!! You and I would have a BLAST!

Kristen said...

Let me know what you think :)

Kristen said...

Aww thanks girl!

Leslie said...

Hahahahaha :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.