Thursday, April 11, 2013

Whole30 Day 11

Can I just complain for a minute?  My husband isn't here and I just need to vent.  My child is driving me crazy.  My stomach feels off.  Not nauseous... maybe unsettled is the best word?  So maybe he's feeling the same way.  Maybe we are fighting off a stomach bug?

I got to the point today where sanity was being lost.  I almost lost my sanity.  We've had one of those days.  One of those days where he won't take no for an answer.  One of those days where there is a tantrum thrown about every hour.  One of those days where all he wants to do is be held.


I know there are people out there that would give anything to hold a child all day long.  I know I should be grateful for my children.  I know this... but I've had a long day.

Thank you for listening to me vent.  I feel better.

Breakfast:
One good thing about being pushed to my max today is that it challenged my emotional food status.  I had a rough day with LB and my stomach is funky.  I still stayed true to the whole30.

For breakfast I tried the paleo pumpkin porridge from Paleo Jess.

I really don't like oatmeal.  Like I just won't even eat it.  Not even a bite.  I literally licked my bowl clean this morning.  It was so good!  I did exactly what she said to do and topped it with a scoop of sunflower seed butter and coconut.



Lunch:

I noticed last night after dinner that my stomach didn't feel quite right.  We have friends that are just getting over a stomach bug so I'm praying that isn't it.  When lunch time came around I wasn't that hungry and nothing sounded good.  I roasted a whole sweet potato and topped it with coconut butter.  I ended up not finishing all of it and put half in the fridge for later.  Blah.


Dinner:

Did you see what I got in the mail the other day on instagram?  I've been waiting for this thing!


I'm in love with Juli Bauer.  She's hilarious and makes awesome recipes.  I had pork chops defrosted so for dinner tonight I made the pork chops with blackberry sauce.

These were great!  I made a simple cauliflower rice and those leftover sweet potatoes.

Exercise:
I did go to the gym today.  I did some back stuff and 20 minutes of cardio.

How I feel:
Whole30 wise I feel great.  I noticed my skin is clearing up and brightening.  I had three people tell me yesterday that I looked great.  I'm not sure what's going on with my stomach.  I can't afford to have a stomach bug... Not with a cranky toddler!

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
Jess at Paleo Jess
Leslie at Violet Imperfection
Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
Naz at Cinnamon Eats
Claire at The Ascent Blog
Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
Fergie at Fergiesbites

My Whole30 Posts

Day one
Day two
Day three
Day four
Day five
Day six
Day seven
Day eight
Day nine
Day ten

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

25 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Oh Kristen I hear you, W has been crazy! and Paul is away so it's all on me and I just get so tired from being led around the house by the finger and having a tantrum because I won't pick him up. Glad you liked the pumpkin porridge, it really is nice for change and I think I could have everyday! I hope you're not getting sick :-(

Emily F said...

Vent away! Sounds like you and my husband should get together and share war stories. We are finding that Squish is a very strong-minded creature. Or maybe that's just the toddler in him.

I am sorry I'm not commenting more on your posts. Disqus does't seem to like my phone very much, where I do 99% of my blogging. But I'm keeping up!

Hang in there, mamma, and take care of yourself! Eventually it all becomes memories.

Jen Stimbert Pabst said...

I almost lost it tonight with my 10 year old, I had to walk outside and cool off. Horrible. Your dinner looks absolutely amazing!

Matt said...

I need to find this cookbook :)

Kristen said...

It's a paleo must have!

Kristen said...

Ahhh so you know how I feel!

Kristen said...

You are so right. On days like today I just try to get through the day. It's so easy to just give up :/

Kristen said...

I don't mind snuggling but I can't snuggle during dinner time. We seem to be feeling better tonight!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

The cookbook looks like it would have some fabulous ideas. And--wow--lots of compliments! Way to go. Hang in there with the stresses at home. We all have days where we think all sanity might be gone. You'll feel better after a good night's sleep. :)

Kristen said...

You are right. I actually thought about that today... That I just needed to go to bed and wake up refreshed tomorrow.

Tiffany Campiotti said...

*Sigh* Those days are rough...on everyone! Hope you guys get a good night's sleep and tomorrow is better. Could he be overly tired after the beach outing?
Hope your tummy feels better.
I am going to check out that cookbook. It looks great!

Leslie said...

Oh no, I hope it passes quickly whatever it is. I am getting ready to do an amazon order, what cookbooks are must have for you? I am really going to stick to paleo after this I think.

Kristen said...

I love Well Fed, Practical Paleo, and OMG That's Paleo. All awesome!

Kristen said...

Maybe we are doing too much... Plus it got pretty warm here all of a sudden. Maybe it's the heat too. These darn kids are hard to read!

Melissa Love said...

aww -- wish I wish there to help out! I'd snuggle with him! You know you're ALWAYS allowed to vent -- that's what this community is for. Life can't always be rocking! I really hope you guys all feel better today!! And I need to order her book -- she is fabulous and cracks me up!

Danielle said...

I can't wait to get a copy of Juli's cookbook! I love her blog and I'm sure the cookbook is amazing!

Kristen said...

Her book is just as funny!

Tiff said...

Oh no, hope you both feel better soon! Great job with the eats. Love pork with fruity flavors. :)

Kim said...

Sorry you had a tough day. :( Must order that cookbook this weekend!

Leslie said...

Those are the three I have on my list. Awesome, thanks!

Naz(@CinnamonEats) said...

Oh I just had a read of this post. I don't have kids so I can't talk from experience but it's ok to vent... don't think you always have to have it together. Great effort for sticking with the Whole30 during a difficult day. Feel free to vent any time :)

Kristen Patton said...

I could make a blog on venting about my kid. ;-) sometimes mommies just need to vent. You are doing great and I love reading about your eats. Im a single mom looking to turn my life into a healthy life.

Kristen said...

I really try to have it together all the time ya know. It's tough!

Kristen said...

Kristen- Have you seen this website???

http://reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com



Hilarious! Someone did pretty much make a blog on venting about their kid! I totally understand it and crack up at almost every picture :)

Kristen Patton said...

Ooh, no. I will have to take a look! It's soo easy for people without kids to judge you about venting and everything you do wrong as a parent.... but until they have kids, you just don't know. Keeping it together all the time is not easy.. and impossible actually.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.