Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Whole30 Day 16

I am thinking of going to the Whole9 Nutrition Workshop in Arlington, VA on June 22nd. Does anyone know anyone that is planning on going? I live in NC and was planning on driving up that Friday night. It would be great to know someone going!

Breakfast:

More frittata.  While this is yummy... Like really yummy I'm looking forward to paleo pancakes.

Gosh I miss them so much.

Lunch:

I cleaned out the fridge with leftovers.  I had one tuna cake, massaged kale with balsamic, and roasted sweet potatoes and carrots with coconut butter.  That's like three containers that are out of my fridge.

Dinner:

More leftovers.  This is much better than eating the same things all the time.  I don't mind the little extra work during the week and I still have leftovers.

Exercise:
I did a strict shoulder workout today at the gym plus twenty minutes or so of cardio on the treadmill.

How I feel:
I feel pretty good today!  I think things are evening out in my body hormonally.  I feel content and happy!  I have been thinking about the end of this and what I'd

Who is Blogging About the Whole30 in April:
If you are blogging about it let me know so I can add your name!

• Tiffany at Skinny Jeans and A Healthy Me
• Jess at Paleo Jess
• Leslie at Violet Imperfection
• Courtney at Journey of a Dreamer
• Emily at Emily Rocks the Road
• Amber at Busy, Bold, Blessed
• Naz at Cinnamon Eats
• Claire at The Ascent Blog
• Angie at Bullets, Boots, and Beyond
• Fergie at fergiesbites
• Emma at A Wheat Free Life

My Whole30 Posts

• Day one
• Day two
• Day three
• Day four
• Day five
• Day six
• Day seven
• Day eight
• Day nine
• Day ten
• Day eleven
• Day twelve
• Day thirteen
• Day thirteen
• Day fifteen

If you are on instagram make sure you hashtag whole30april!

18 comments:

Matt said...

I'll go if someone buys my ticket :)

Kristen said...

It really is my favorite veggie. It's so good for you! I totally wish you could go girl!!!!

Kristen said...

Matt where do you live?!

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I would totally go if I lived closer :)

I'm glad you are enjoying a bit more variety and leftovers! Kinda the best of both worlds.

Leslie said...

I'm scared to try the massaged kale, I had it in a smoothie right before we started whole30 and I just didn't love the taste.

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

I've been thinking about the end of the whole30 too, what will I change and keep?? I'd go if it was closer ;-)

Kristen said...

You might like it! Kale tastes differently when you prepare it a different way. You'd be surprised!

Kristen said...

I was really hoping one of you girls lived near Virginia haha! I might just make the trek myself... I'll have to be brave :)

Kirsty M said...

Do they have the meetings in the UK too?
Massaged Kale is so yummy.... I never thought I would like it til I watched one of Tara Stiles cooking clips and she made a salad with it and I made it too and it was soooooo good .. Xx

Kirsty M said...

Watch this video clip Leslie ... I wasn't sure either and then saw Tara's salad and made it and it was really Yummie you will be surprised http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2pXjgM5Tk

Dana said...

I live right next door to Arlington in Alexandria. I may consider it but this is the first I heard of it. Is there more information on their web site?

Jenny @ Paleofoodiekitchen said...

That workshop looks interesting! I attended the Balanced Bites one in January here in LA and it was great. Bummer paleo pancakes are not Whole30 =(

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I got curious and looked up the cost of the flight...just to see. My husband is taking a gun course this summer, it's only fair mommy should get to do something fun too. Unfortunately flights are $400. Bummed. By the time you add in hotel & everything I just can't justify it. It sounds like a great seminar. Hopefully they'll do one West Coast and I can go :)

Kristen said...

I am hoping it's good!

Kristen said...

I think so! You'll have to look at the website :)

Kristen said...

Ugh that sounds like too much for just a day seminar! It would have been awesome though!

Leslie said...

Thanks!

Leslie said...

I a, going to put it on the grocery list for this week!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.